Renew Your SEESA Membership
Before renewing your membership with South East Edmonton Seniors Association, please read and agree to the below Liability waiver and Code of Conduct. This is a two part process as you will also need to indicate on MySeniorCenter that you have agreed to the waiver before purchasing Membership 2021. Once you log in please go to “Groups” and click on the image below the words “Waiver Accepted Click to Join Group”.
Trouble logging in to MySeniorCentre? Give us a call! 780-468-1985
SEESA Liability Waiver
I recognize that the activity I will be participating in may have some inherent risks. I knowingly and voluntarily assume the risks of engaging in this activity. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to be aware of the risks associated with the activity and to safeguard my person by ensuring:
1. That I am physically able / capable of the activity
2. That I exercise safety measures appropriate to the activity, and
3. That I do not participate beyond my capabilities
I understand that South East Edmonton Seniors Association endeavors to provide the best possible leadership and instruction, and to provide a safe environment for the activity I am joining.
Also, regarding online programming:
1. I am aware of the limitation of my physical environment and will take appropriate steps to prepare my space for the needs of this activity including by not limited to using appropriate equipment.
2. I understand that the instructor for an online class will not be able to provide the same level of supervision and individual instruction that they could for an in-person class.
3. I understand that SEESA has taken all the necessary precautions to provide a safe virtual environment.
I acknowledge that South East Edmonton Seniors Association only organizes activities and does not necessarily possess any special skill or knowledge in relation to the activity itself. I am aware that in the SEESA building there is a potential exposure to infections and communicable disease, including but not limited to COVID-19. I hereby release South East Edmonton Seniors Association from any liability arising out of my participation.
I understand my personal information will be protected in compliance with Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. I give consent for my contact to be shared with program instructors in compliance with this Act.
SEESA Code of Conduct
To cultivate a supportive environment on SEESA premises, at any offsite activity organized by or related to SEESA, or in any communications among or about participants, all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. For this reason, Participants agree to:
- Read the SEESA Code of Conduct and abide by it.
- Behave in a courteous and respectful manner toward others.
- Be respectful of the differences of others which may include, but are not limited to, diversity of race, age, cultural heritage, ethnicity, gender orientation, religion, physical and mental abilities, and economic circumstances.
- Be considerate towards all participants and tolerant of others’ limitations and restrictions.
- Treat everyone with compassion, respect, and dignity.
- Consider the feelings of others.
- Manage one’s temper in difficult circumstances.
- Use acceptable language in all communications with participants and/or when representing SEESA.
- Respect the personal belongings of others.
- Act honestly and ethically in relationships with others.
- Abide by SEESA’s bylaws, and all municipal, provincial and federal laws.
- Promptly follow all safety instructions given by staff, instructors or first responders.
- Promptly report any suspected violations of the SEESA Code of Conduct to the Executive Director, or Board President.
- Violent physical or verbal threats directed against another person or their property.
- Vulgar and indecent language and obscene gestures.
- Offensive, derogatory, discriminatory jokes and/or language.
- Possession or use of illegal drugs.
- Smoking or vaping in an area not designated for that purpose.
- Personal insults and intimidation expressed verbally, in writing or electronically.
- Unwelcome personal attention such as remarks, gestures or physical contact.
- Repeated harassment of others.
- Intentionally making another person feel hurt, afraid or embarrassed.
- Breaching SEESA’s or any Participant’s confidentiality.
For purposes of the Code of Conduct a “participant” is:
- any individual or group
a. present at the SEESA Activity Centre, or
b. engaging virtually by telephone or video from off-site, or
c. communicating in writing in hard copy or electronic format
who engages in communications or interactions with others.
- any SEESA member or SEESA staff member
a. in physical or virtual attendance at any external (ie. non-SEESA) event, or
b. who creates and publishes any form of message or communication
where that member’s message, communication or action represents, or could be understood by others to represent, SEESA.
The waiver is effective for the duration of the participant’s membership with South East Edmonton Seniors Association.