‘Welcome Back’ to all those people re-joining SEESA and coming into the Centre for coffee at Tillie’s, conversation, games, exercise and all the other activities we enjoy. Re-connecting with friends is one of the greatest gifts there is, don’t you find?
Tillie’s Café: Yes, it’s OPEN! SEESA volunteers are cooking breakfast and lunch from 9 am to 1 pm Monday to Friday. Plus, there are fresh pies daily! Our menu changes weekly and is posted on our new website. The café is sunny and bright. You and your friends can enjoy hot breakfasts or lighter fare and an ever-changing variety of soups and sandwiches. Come out and support our kitchen volunteers and treat yourself to a tasty meal.
December 4 SEESA Christmas Sale 10 A.M. TO 3 PM
Please bring your Christmas items for the sale on Wed. Nov, 24 through to Nov 26. Now Extended to Wednesday December 1! SALE December 4 at SEESA from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Volunteers are SEESA’s superpower:
Three cheers for all of the Book Sale Volunteers! The October event raised almost $2000 for our centre. It also brought in people from the community. A member suggested we donate leftover books to seniors’ organizations that have also been impacted by COVID. SEESA donated books to four different organizations. This is the beginning of an ongoing partnership to share our resources and live our mission to empower and enhance the quality of life of people in our community as we age.
Volunteers connecting with members
SEESA members connect with members in so many ways that we often forget volunteers make SEESA who we are. A huge thank you to all volunteers:
- Volunteers calling out to members without computer access to let them know we are open, following COVID restrictions and welcome them back.
- Volunteers who have stepped up to help in the kitchen
- Volunteers who are leading our Fun N Frolic series.
- Volunteers who are keeping our centre safe by checking double vaccination cards at each entrance.
- Volunteers at the front desk. You are awesome!
- Volunteer board members who have taken on double duty filling in positions like Finance, Information Technology, Communications and Human Resources.
Ultimately, when we ask that you support our Save Our SEESA campaign, we are asking that we support each other financially so that we can continue enjoying our wonderful centre that has been connecting people to their interests and each other for forty years.
Volunteer President SEESA