Introduction to Gouache Painting
Gouache ( goo..wash) is an opaque water-based medium that is often described somewhere between watercolors and acrylics. Extremely pigmented, it dries quickly and can easily be corrected and layered to create a rich, luminous work of art with a matte finish. Learn about this centuries-old, pre-renaissance painting style, under the guidance of a professional artist as you create your lovely themed picture of landscapes and flowers. All levels of artists welcome.
Gouache painting supplies:
* Gouache paints (buy at Michaels or any art store only traditional, not acryl-gouache)
* Hardboard for mounting and taping the paper on
* Palette (normal ceramic white dish works well)
* Watercolor paper not smaller than 16 x 12”
* Several acrylics or watercolors brushes
* Brushes need: # 4, 6 filbert; #4 flat; #2 round
* Pencil, sharpener, and eraser, masking tape, small spray bottle and a small container for washing brushes
Excluded Activity Dates
More info for this activity is coming soon.
Please check back later.
|Date||Sep 13 to Oct 25, 2022|
|Time||1:00 PM to 4:00 PM|
|Availability||15 Spots Available|
|Location||Forest Heights Room|
This class will occur 7 times
during this session.