Pen and Watercolor: Beautiful Buildings
Learn to convey the beauty of commonplace buildings and streetscapes using pencil, pigma pen, and watercolours. With lots of input from the instructor, this project-based course will challenge beginner and intermediate painters to identify the essential elements of given buildings and streetscapes and transform them into compelling pieces of art. Note: Supplies extra, list available.
• Watercolours (can borrow for first class)
• Palette or white plate for mixing paint (can also borrow for first class)
• A waterproof and lightfast pen (0.1 or 0.2 Staedtler pigment liner; 01 or 02 Micron pigma pen; or 0.1 or 0.2 Faber-Castell Ecco Pigment pen)
• At least 3 decent watercolour brushes—one fine, one medium, and one large (if in doubt, wait until after first class to purchase)
• Mechanical pencil with HB leads
• A good eraser
• 140 lb watercolour paper (4 or more pieces at least “9 by 2 inches” in size). If in doubt, bring larger pieces of watercolour paper and plan to cut it as needed at the workshop; however, a Strathmore 140 lb watercolour visual journal or Canson XL Watercolour Pad might be simpler to transport and to use.
• Removable masking tape
• Pieces of cardboard or backing on which to tape loose watercolour paper
Excluded Activity Dates
More info for this activity is coming soon.
Please check back later.
|Date||Oct 17 to Nov 7, 2023|
|Time||1:00 PM to 4:00 PM|
|Availability||13 Spots Available|
|Location||Forest Heights Room|
This class will occur 4 times
during this session.